As the only part of your car that makes contact with the road, its tires are arguably more important than any other vehicle component. It’s thus important to choose the right tires and take good care of them, along with the wheels.
There are many different types of tires you can buy for your Toyota car, truck, or SUV at Family Toyota of Burleson. The tires that come with your Toyota from the factory are generally the best-suited, providing a good balance of ride quality, fuel economy, longevity, and durability. But if you want or need to replace those tires, you should know more about your options.
- All-season tires. The most common type of tire, all-seasons provide good comfort and handling on paved roads, as well as decent traction in wet weather. They are good fit for just about any Toyota you can buy.
- Performance tires. These tires perform similarly to all-seasons, trading some longevity for grip during high-performance driving. These are a good fit for cars like the Toyota GR 86 or GR Supra.
- Touring tires. Designed to maximize ride quality and reduce road noise, touring tires are ideal for long commutes and big road trips, but expect a slight reduction in overall grip.
- Summer tires. These tires excel when roads are dry and warm. They can be used on any car but are typically intended for high-performance models. Their overall grip declines drastically in cold temperatures and on wet roads.
- Light truck tires. Commonly found on SUVs and compact pickups, light truck tires are rated to handle heavier loads.
- All-terrain tires. If you own a vehicle intended to go on off-road adventures like the Toyota Tundra TRD Pro, it should get all-terrain tires. These do a better job of finding traction on rugged terrain without overly compromising on-road performance.
- Off-road tires. For the true enthusiasts, off-road tires provide maximum off-road traction, helping you traverse deep mud and loose surfaces, and featuring reinforcements to protect against punctures.
If you’re still not sure about what type of tires you should get for your Toyota, visit Family Toyota of Burleson, Texas, where our expert technicians can help you figure that out.